Learning Status in immersion not syncing with Word Library
Migaku Extension Version: Alpha 0.9.11.1
Anki Version 2.1.49
Migaku Anki Addon Version - 0.2.4
The issue: When clicking import from Anki. The word list populates and in the Libaray there are many words labelled Known. However in immersion when parsing, a word listed as Known in the word library would come up as unknown in immersion. Here's an example of this.
This is happening with a LOT of words. What is strange is that not all words are like this. As you can see in the photo 'Mein' is known but not underlined which is of course normal. However I don't understand why it's an issue with 'Vater' and so many other words.
I can switch 'Vater' to unknown and then known again and it fixes itself. However I can't just do this with every single word and if this is a persistent issue, then there is no point to importing from Anki because this could happen again with every import of a word.
What did I do:
- Made sure anki was open. and switched the language to German in Migaku settings.
- Did the default import of dictionaries, frequency lists, etc.
- Then in the word library page I pressed 'Import from Anki'
- I left the default checked boxes as is.
- Clicked import.
- Opened immersion (Netflix, Migaku Reader, Wikipedia browsing, etc)
- Noticed there was way more unknowns than I thought was reasonable.
- Checked some words in the immersion that were underlined red (unknown) and noticed those same words were labelled green (known) in the word library.
Things attempted: Reloading the Migaku extension. Making sure everything is updated. Installed migaku extension on a different chrome profile. None of this works.
I exported the word list to Hulk and he noticed the same issue. So it appears in the word list file as well.
I THINK I KNOW THE ISSUE but it needs a fix on your side I think. So i think it has to do with the way capitalization is handled in the Migaku browser extension.
As you can see. even if the word in the immersion is capitalized, the dictionary (and maybe the learning status along with it) searches without capitalization which is a problem because.....
The word exists with a capital V but doesn't exist with a lower case v. This is super important because all nouns in German must be capitalized!! and the reason that words like the verbs. adjectives, adverbs and words like mein are not underlined is because they are words that don't need to be capitalized.